REPORT AN OUTAGE
To Report an Outage in your area
Call us at 1-800-EUNITED (1-800-386-4833) to use our Automated Support System.
Report an outage online by Logging in to My Account.
A month to honor the nation’s co-ops? Now that’s something worth celebrating—especially when it’s October 2018, the same month that marks 80 years of EnergyUnited. As we plan for a brighter future, it’s important to reflect on the co-op ideals that have helped us survive and flourish for almost a century.
CO-OPS ARE COMMUNITY-LED
At EnergyUnited, we don’t have customers. We have member-owners (that’s you) who have a say in all aspects of the business. Our heightened community focus allows us to quickly adapt to evolving member expectations and respond in ways that are collectively beneficial. Because nobody knows what we need better than we do.
CO-OPS ARE CATALYSTS FOR GOOD
With great power comes great responsibility. That’s why we’re always looking for new ways to give back to the communities we call home. Examples include the Bright Ideas program, Operation Round-Up, the Empowering the Future scholarship program and the many community events we help sponsor, from the Statesville Hot Air Balloon Festival, to the Lexington BBQ Festival, and Denver Days in LKN.
Over 80 years ago, hard-working farmers and ranchers across the United States established electric co-ops to improve the quality of life in their communities. Today, America’s co-ops leverage that same entrepreneurial spirit of purpose and cooperation to meet the needs of the next generation.
As an active and engaged member of EnergyUnited, you already knew that. So here are six lesser-known facts about American co-ops—just a few of the many reasons we celebrate National Co-op Month.
1. National Co-op Month has been a nationally recognized celebration since 1964. That’s over half a century!
2. Consumer co-ops in the United States have a total membership base of over 343 million. That’s some serious power in numbers.
3. There are more than 40,000 co-op businesses in the United States. And each of them shares similar community-focused values.
4. Nine hundred rural electric co-ops in 47 states serve 42 million Americans. How’s that for a widespread member base?
5. Electric co-ops power 56 percent of the nation’s landmass. The United States wouldn’t be what it is today without them.
6. One out of three Americans is a member of an electric co-op. You’re in good company.
Want to help maximize EnergyUnited’s impact as we begin our new chapter? Learn about joining a Member Advisory Committee (MAC) here.
To learn more about the benefits of propane and the many ways to use it in your home or business, give us a call today at 1-800-522-3793.
Or fill out our form and we will contact you!