REPORT AN OUTAGE
To Report an Outage in your area
Call us at 1-800-EUNITED (1-800-386-4833) to use our Automated Support System.
Report an outage online by Logging in to My Account.
Keeping the heat on at full blast is simply not sustainable—and we mean both for your wallet and the environment. Here’s how you can save some green this season.
1. Every degree of temperature change influences the energy in your home by about 8%—which means if you were setting your thermostat at 72°F but can stand to have it at 69°F, you can reduce your heating costs by around 24%!
2. Try to remember to lower your thermostat when you leave the house for anything more than several hours. A smart thermostat like Nest can do that for you.
3. Leaving a computer on overnight for a year creates enough CO2 to fill a double-decker bus. Make sure you unplug and power down your electronics when you’re not using them.
4. Set up a profile on EnergyUnited’s EnergyAdvisor, our state-of-the-art tool that helps you understand where you could be saving more energy.
5. This may sound counter-intuitive. Turn on your ceiling fan. Since heat rises, turning a fan on low speed can push the warm air down toward your living spaces. This is especially true if you have tall ceilings.
6. Shut the window: A typical window left open overnight in winter will waste enough energy to drive a small car over 35 miles.
These simple tips can make for big savings—for our environment and your finances alike!
For more best practices, see how our EnergyAdvisor tool helps you manage your energy consumption and cost! Now that’s powerful.
To learn more about the benefits of propane and the many ways to use it in your home or business, give us a call today at 1-800-522-3793.
Or fill out our form and we will contact you!