REPORT AN OUTAGE
To Report an Outage in your area
Call us at 1-800-EUNITED (1-800-386-4833) to use our Automated Support System.
Report an outage online by Logging in to My Account.
Running the air conditioning can make your electricity bill skyrocket, but the alternative isn’t too great either. Luckily, there are several ways you can help you’re A/C run better and save you money during the heat of the season.
1. Check your insulation Unless your home is brand new, it’s likely that the cold air is seeping out into the neighborhood through your window seals, a poorly insulated attic and other sneaky cracks. To see how well your home is doing, consider signing up for a home energy audit with a local contractor.
2. Upgrade your system Using a smarter thermostat such as Nest or Lux can make a big difference to your bill. These newer thermostats can regulate heating and cooling when you’re not home to save money. Plus, you can adjust the settings from an app on your phone if you forget.
3. Check your thermostat placement Thermostat placement can play a big part in how well your air conditioner works. If you put it on a wall right next to a hot window, for instance, your air conditioner will kick on much more often than it needs to because it will think the room is hotter than it actually is.
4. Close the blinds Shutting your blinds during the warmest part of the day helps block out the sun and insulate your windows.
5. Use a fan According to the National Resource Defense Council (NRDC), using a ceiling fan can make a room feel 10 degrees cooler and uses 10% of the energy used to operate your central air conditioner.
6. Adjust the temperature The most inexpensive way to use your air conditioner is to turn the thermostat up when you leave the house. Air conditioning systems operate most efficiently at full speed during longer periods of time. Setting it lower when you get home will save you more money than the A/C cycling on and off while you’re away.
For more energy saving tips, check out Energy Advisor, our state of the art tool to help you manage, forecast, and plan for energy spending.
To learn more about the benefits of propane and the many ways to use it in your home or business, give us a call today at 1-800-522-3793.
Or fill out our form and we will contact you!