REPORT AN OUTAGE
To Report an Outage in your area
Call us at 1-800-EUNITED (1-800-386-4833) to use our Automated Support System.
Report an outage online by Logging in to My Account.
Every year, the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) launches a safety awareness campaign to make sure that safety is just as much a part of your holiday traditions as stockings, eggnog, and presents are! Read on to make sure you’re enjoying the season responsibly.
1. Keep decorations, especially your tree at least three feet away from heat sources—especially open flames like fireplaces.
2. If you have a natural Christmas tree, make sure you’re watering it daily to keep it hydrated and safe.
3. Make sure to inspect and discard any damaged or worn out decorations you have. This of course applies to lights with bad bulbs but also to frayed stockings, that old Santa statue, or anything else that has the potential to be a flammable!
4. Always turn off your decorations when you’re sleeping or leave the house. Purchasing a timer for your lights is a good way to ensure you never forget!
5. If you’re using extension cords or adapter that add receptacles, you may want to consider having an electrician add more outlets to your home.
Remember, between 2009-2013, U.S. fire departments responded to over 860 home fires that began with holiday decorations. On top of that, an additional 210 home fires began with Christmas trees. Make sure your smoke alarms are up to code, that you always turn your space heater off when you leave a room, and that all of the commotion of the holidays doesn’t distract you from what really matters: you and your family’s safety.
To learn more about the benefits of propane and the many ways to use it in your home or business, give us a call today at 1-800-522-3793.
Or fill out our form and we will contact you!