Meter Base Surge Arrestor
120 VAC-240 VAC Surge Arrestor for residential usage. Installed at wattmeter, safely clamps and dissipates lightning induced AC line high voltage current impulses going to a residence. Also protects against AC line temporary overvoltage conditions.
- 40,000 amp peak capability, each 120 VAC leg
- 210 VAC, continuous 5 minute, temporary overvoltage clamping capacity.
- Lowest, reliable voltage clamping level.
- Safety fusing, both 120 VAC legs
- Patented LED “unit good” indicators, both 120 VAC legs
- Fire-proof and explosion-proof polycarbonate glass-fiber reinforced enclosure with matching mounting connector
- Sealed unit except for mounting connector wiring opening
- For less inductance, 10# AWG tinned wires
Electrical and Environmental Specs
Telephone Line Surge Arrestor Specs
- Surge clamp peak voltage with 1,000 volt unipolar 8/20 µsec current impulse with 3,000 amp source capability
- Metallic (tip to ring) = 310 volts average
- Longitudinal = 310 volts average
- Series Loop resistance = 80 ohms
Coax Line Surge Arrestor Specs
- 8/20 µsec single impulse withstand capability (20,000 amps)
- Protects from line to ground
- Operating Frequency = 0 – 1 GHz
- Response Time <5 nano seconds